- Chicken 1 kg, bite-sized pieces
- Lemon juice 1/2 tbsp
- Oil 1/2 tbsp
- Onions 2, large. finely chopped
- Curry leaves 1 sprig
- Green chilies 6-8, slit lengthwise (adjust)
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 3/4 Tsp
- Cooking oil 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast and grind to a fine powder
- Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cloves 3
- Cinnamon stick 1/2′
- Green cardamom 1
- Poppy seeds 3/4 tbsp
This is a delicious food to enjoy with your girlfriend and your family, especially with your couple. It can be accompanied by good wine.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the spices. Fry till it becomes golden. Next put in the ginger garlic paste, mashed tomatoes, and the salt.
- Mix well and keep cooking till the tomatoes become soft. Add chili powder and cook until the smell disappears.
- Add chicken and the leaves of mint and fry them. This may take you around 3 minutes. In a separate pot, heat 1 cup water.
- In case chicken is no longer moist, use it. Cook the chicken by placing the lid over the top so that it does cook properly and evenly.
- Taste and adjust the salt. Cover it and keep heating on a low temperature for 3- 5 minutes. When the chicken is cooked, the meat will start to come off the bones.
- Add coriander leaves, cover and take it off the cooktop. Serve with either rice or tortillas if you want to have an International flavor.
Serve with naan or any other breaded item or along with rice.
The chicken needed to be perfectly marinated first.