For the Mocha
- 1 cup soya milk or any other milk you like
- 1 packet of instant coffee
- 1 ½ tablespoon of white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon 85% dark chocolate chips
For Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipped cream
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar
- ½ tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- The first step is to make the chocolate whipped cream. Take a mixing bowl and add whipped cream, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and icing sugar. Whisk it till it forms soft peaks. Pour the prepared cream in a container or piping bag.
- Take another mixing bowl to prepare the mocha. Add the milk, instant coffee, white chocolate chips, and dark chocolate chips. Place it on a stove on medium heat. Heat it up by whisking constantly. Keep doing this until all the chocolate chips dissolve.
- Take two glasses and pour the mocha. Top it up with the whipped cream and some chocolate chips. Use the piping bag to create a swirl on top. To make it just like Starbucks, sprinkle some cocoa powder on top.
- You can replace dark chocolate chips with semi-sweet chocolate chips. However, since it is sweeter than dark chocolate, make sure that you cut down on the quantity to balance the sweetness.
- You can use any type of milk. For example, you can use coconut milk. Nevertheless, soya milk makes the flavor a little nutty.
- Serve the mocha immediately. Do not let it sit as then the chocolate will settle down at the bottom. Mix well before you serve.