- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 pack of cheese, your favorite
- 1 and 1/2 cups of brewed espresso
This is a great dish as a dessert after a nice meal. You can even enjoy it with your family after a nice dinner. With friends and for a couple, it is also a small and quick snack in the evening. You can pair it up with some biscuits or cookies or a puff.
- Start with a bowl. Whisk the egg yolks in it, and add the sugar till it turns pale brown in color. The mixture will become double in volume after being whisked generously. Add the cheese, preferably mascarpone, and whisk some more. Add the alcohol to it now, if using.
- Take another clean bowl. Take the egg whit4es only and beat them properly. Add remaining sugar. Now, fold this mixture to the above one in 2 or 3 additions.
- Take a 9-inch plate. Pour the mixture into an even layer. Soak the cookie with an even layer of coffee and stack them on the plate. Add the remaining cream all over it like a layer on top.
- Refrigerate. If you like you can cool it for the cream to settle. This can be done in just 2 hours or for 2 days. Whenever you serve, you can sprinkle some cocoa powder on top for garnish.
If you can use some liquor, then do it in the preparatory step for the cream and not delay it later.
For cooling it, keep it in the top compartment where you freeze stuff. This is also like freezing ice-cream, but slightly lesser.