- 15 oz cans of cannellini beans, 3 cans
- 1/2 cup of freshly chopped onion
- 2 to 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 oz or 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1/4 cup of virgin oil
- 1 tablespoon of crushed tomatoes
This is a great dish as comfort food. The great texture comes from the pureed ingredients. It is a great idea to pair it up with a simple balsamic salad or a Caprese salad made with tomatoes only. Also, add mozzarella and basil. Don’t forget to add red wine if you are with your girlfriend.
- Start with beans. Take the cans of beans and drain them, and set aside. Now, take a big pan, add the onions, bacon and saute them till they become golden brown. Take about 5 minutes. Also, add rosemary and garlic and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Make them puree. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend them. Add the puree to a pot, add broth, salt, and crushed tomatoes and cook. Bring to boil, add pasta and cook for some more time.
Add the ingredients to the blender and make them a puree for a creamy texture.
Instead of a blender, you can directly blend it in the pot.