- Oil of olive (1 tablespoon)
- Sliced mushroom (1)
- Sliced carrots (1)
- Flour (2 tablespoons)
- Freshly dried thyme
- Small sized sliced Onion (1)
- Powder of Garlic (1 tablespoon)
- Sliced celery (1 cup)
- Broth of chicken (3 cups)
- Salt for seasoning (3 tablespoons)
- Wild rice (1 cup)
- Turkey Gravy (1½ cups)
- Grounded black paper
- Turkey that is shredded (3 cups)
- Freshly chopped parsley
Movie nights with your partner will remain incomplete if you don’t add this soup to your meal. Cuddle and enjoy it in the blanket around a bonfire and you will feel love all over again. Add Tabasco sauce to the soup for additional spice.
- Take a large sized pot of stock. Heat it on medium flame.
- Add oil of olive, sliced mushrooms, sliced carrots, sliced celery, and sliced onions to this stock pot. You need to cook this till they are soft. Continue to cook them for 1 or 2 minutes more and add flour to it and stir it for 3 minutes.
- Now you need to add the broth to the pot. Cook this until it starts to boil and then add wild rice. Stir the rice for a while.
- Reduce the flame to a slow or simmer flame. Wait till the rice is cooked and is tender.
- Now, add the gravy of the turkey to this rice. Add half of it at once. Cook the dish till it is heated thoroughly.
- In the end, you can season the dish. Add salt and grounded black pepper as per your favorable taste. You can also season it with fresh parsley.
- Make sure the rice is not overcooked or undercooked.
- You can add more veggies like tomato and bell pepper to the rice.
- You can use turkey broth instead of chicken broth.
- You can also use canned gravy.
- You can serve the rice with mashed potatoes.
- Do not preserve the dish for more than 12 hours.
- Do not leave the lid open while the rice is cooking.