- 5-7 inches of turmeric or 8 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 5-7 pieces of tamarind
- 2 whole lemons
- Juice of lemon
- Some raw honey
Turmeric is known to be a standout amongst the most dominant recuperating herbs. It is extraordinary for bones and joints as it has calming properties. It’s a great drink for daily use and to stay fit and healthy. It can be consumed by every member of the family it especially benefits the old aged ones and children.
- Peel the turmeric first if not using powder. Then in a big bowl add some water and turmeric and set in on the flame and let it boil for about 20 min.
- In another pan add some water and some tamarind. Now mix it well till it gets a jam-like consistency. After that turn off the flame and let it sit to cool down.
- By this time the boiling turmeric would be ready as the water must have a vibrant color. Add some more water to cool it down, now put this water along with the tamarind in a blender and blend it well for enhancing its flavor.
- Now strain the whole mixture in the pan which contains tamarind. Mix it well as it will form a jam consistency; make sure it does not have any seeds. Put the rest of the tamarind and turmeric water and mix it well.
- Put some lemon juice into the mixture and mix it well. While serving add some honey and a slice of lemon in the jar first then pour the mix and serve.
- Add some rock salt to the juice before serving for some extra flavor.
- You can preserve this juice in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Don’t add too much of turmeric if done then add some more honey to compensate.