- 1 onion (cut it into small pieces)
- 1 egg (it must be beaten well)
- 11/2 cups of flour
- 2/3 cup of TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 11/4 cup of hot vegetable soup (broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- A small amount of salt (acc. to taste)
- A small amount of pepper (acc. to taste)
- Oil for frying (it is optional)
- Mixing is done. First of all, a large bowl is taken, and in that bowls TVP (textured vegetable protein), is combined with the hot vegetable soup or broth. Combining both TVP and vegetable broth is done very carefully so that they are mixed properly. For 15 minutes, leave the TVP aside and allow it to rehydrate, or leave it till whole vegetable broth has been absorbed. If there is any excess moisture, drain it. It is compulsory in making the TVP burger, that all the vegetable broth is absorbed. Moisture should be drained properly or else it will create a problem in the further process of mixing.
- Now, take all the ingredients that are remaining, and mix the rehydrated TVP with it, and stir it well so that it mixes properly. Now to get the sticky nature in the mixture, add 1 cup of flour or more than that. By adding the flour, the sticky consistency can be seen clearly. While adding the rehydrated TVP with the ingredients keep one thing in mind that it is mixed properly, because the ingredients must be stirred properly with TVP.
- Next, take the mixture and form it in the patties shape and fry each of the sides with medium heat, till it is lightly browned or in the indoor grill or it can be grilled on a lightly greased barbecue.
- You can eat this burger with any of your favorite sauce.
- The leftovers of the dish can be stored for a later time by keeping it in a container and it should be airtight.