- 1 ½ frozen bananas
- 2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoon raw cocoa chips
- ½ cup of coconut water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 medjool date
- 4 ice cubes
This is a healthy and temptingly sweet smoothie preparation that can be served with breakfast. It is packed with nutrition and can supply enough calories to jumpstart your morning. It is a quick vegan recipe that can easily replace your time-consuming breakfast routine.
- Add the pieces of frozen banana into a mixing bowl. You can mash the pieces and soften them.
- Add milk and raw cocoa chips. Combine the mixture with a spoon. If the chips are too big, you can break them into smaller pieces. You can set aside a few chips for garnishing.
- Now add chia seeds. You can lightly toast the seeds to make them more palatable. Note that, heating the seeds for more than 3 to 4 minutes can reduce the nutritional value. The best method is to toast over a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the hemp hearts and almond butter. You can adjust the quantity of almond butter to suit your taste.
- Finally add the coconut water, date, and ice cubes. Mix all the ingredients and pour into a blender. Use a high powered blender for a smoother blending. You can blend until all the ingredients get smoothly pureed. If you want a harder consistency, reduce the blending time. Pour the smoothie into the glasses and garnish it with chocolate chips.
- You can replace almond butter with roasted almonds. This would give a richer taste to your smoothie. People who prefer cashews can replace almonds with raw cashews or roasted cashew pieces.
- If you want a sweeter smoothie, you can replace frozen bananas with cherries.