- 2-4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup or 105 g popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup or 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp of salt
- Take a large pan and add oil. Keep the heat to medium. 2 tbsp of oil is ideal but you can exceed the amount of oil as per your own taste. It is tastier with more oil as the rest of the ingredients will stick easily to the popcorn as well.
- When the oil is medium hot, add 3-4 individuals of kernels to the pan and cover it. Once they start popping up, you are required to remove the lid of the pan. Now add the remaining kernels to the pan and cover it.
- In 2-3 minutes, popping stops completely. That time stop the heat of the stovetop. Now add all the remaining ingredients until all popcorn is thoroughly covered and give the pan a good shake to combine them all.
- Serve immediately for it to taste better. You can use preserve them for consumption within a week. Do store in a sealed container for the same.
- While making the popcorns, it is always advisable to shake the pot a bit to avoid the burning of popcorn kernels.
- Add butter for better results. You can also add some spices for better results.
Do not over fry the kernels and ensure that the ingredients are fresh enough.