For the Cake
- About 250g flour, regular
- 20g or 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup strawberry puree
- 1 tablespoon strawberry extract
- Baking soda, 1 tablespoon
- ½ tablespoon salt
- Vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple-vinegar
For the Frosting
- About 500g or 4 cups of sugar powder
- ¼ cup of strawberry puree
- 1 tablespoon of strawberry extract
- ½ cup of vegan butter
This is a great dessert. Topped with strawberry butter frosting is a dream come true for those who love strawberry. This is something that goes well after meals, any celebration or just a quick snack. If you love it, it is enough for a breakfast too.
- Preheat the oven. Set the temperature to 350°F (180°C).
- Start with a large bowl. Stir the flour, sugar and baking soda into it and mix them well. Add the eggs and bet them well. Then add the puree, olive oil, extract and vinegar and mix them well. The batter will now turn thick and creamy.
- Take two cake tins. Spray them with non-stick liquid and place the parchment paper. Pour the batter into them and place them in the oven it would bake for like 30 minutes or so.
- Prepare the frosting. Add all ingredients under “For the frosting” and mix well. Frost the cakes after they have cooled properly post-baking. Serve cool.
Properly cooling the mix before frosting is a good idea.
Do not whisk much when the batter is really thick. It will lead to over-mixing the batter.