- Divided sugar (1½ tablespoon)
- Flour for all purposes (1 tablespoon)
- 9-inch shells of pastry (unbaked)
- Syrup of corn with low density (1 cup)
- Sugar (brown) (½ cup, packed)
- Butter (3 tablespoons)
- Mildly beaten large sized eggs (3)
A walnut pie recipe is a great dessert option if you have invited your friends over for a meal. It is easy to make and is ideal if you can invest a little time in making dessert but want a good output.
- Mix sugar and all-purpose flour in a bowl. Make sure only 1 tablespoon of both the ingredients has been used for this purpose. Now that these two ingredients have combined, drizzle this mix into the shells of pastry and leave it aside for a while.
- Take a small sized saucepan and add syrup of corn, sugar of brown and normal sugar into it. Heat the pan with these ingredients till they reach a boil. Once boiled, bow off the flame and add butter into this combination and stir it properly till the butter is completely melted. Once the butter has melted, let the combination cool off for at least 3 minutes.
- Take the eggs and add them to this hot blend. Stir these eggs and also include walnuts and start mixing all these ingredients together.
- Mixed these ingredients well. Now bake these on 325°F for almost 1 hour till you can see the top of the pie in a brown shade. Once brown, you know that your pie is ready to serve!
- You can regular walnuts instead of using black walnuts for the pie.
- You can add the essence of vanilla to the pie by adding a teaspoon of vanilla powder to the boil.
- Do not use stale or old walnuts for this pie.
- Do not preserve the dish outside the refrigerator under any circumstances.