- 226 g of dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips,( in ounces it will be 8 ounces)
- 226 g of white chocolate chips (8 ounces)
- 2 crushed candy canes (it should be properly crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon of extract of peppermint
- Take an 8*8 baking dish or if it is not available, a small cookie sheet can be taken along with the parchment paper, check it first by pressing it, to make sure that it is smooth.
- Take a bowl (small size will also work), and just for one minute melt the semi-sweet or dark chips of chocolate in it. Now after it melted, remove chips and stir it properly with a spoon. The chips will melt after a few stirs, but in case if it is not melted, put it in the microwave for 15 seconds until it melted.
- Now after the melting of the chips, pour it into the baking dish or cookie sheet which was taken along with parchment paper and spread to cover.
- Keep it in the fridge for 5 – 7 mins, so that it will settle down temporarily. Don’t place it in the fridge more than 5-7mins because if it is hardened completely, the layers of chocolate may separate. Now just for 1 min melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Now same as done with semi-sweet chocolate chips, remove and stir the white chocolate so that it melts and becomes creamy. If it is still not melted microwave for another 15 seconds and stir it again. Work should be done very carefully because white chocolate can seize up very quickly. Stir in the permanent extract. And allow it to cool for 1 min. Take the finely hardened chocolate from the refrigerator and thereafter pour the obtained white chocolate over it in the dish of baking.
- Top it. Top the dish with the finely crushed candy canes. For 30 mins place it in the fridge to set. Now remove and take it out from the parchment, and break it into pieces, and now it is ready to serve.
- A little bit of coconut oil (about ¼ teaspoon) can be used if the chocolate is not melting.
- The leftovers of the dish can be preserved in a refrigerator.