- 5 tablespoons of properly diced fresh butter
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (white); or you can use properly chopped white chocolate
- ½ cup of sugar of confectioner
- 1 pound of white chocolate with the coating of candy
- 3 tablespoons of heavy cream
- A good pinch of salt
- Flavorings ( ½ teaspoon of extract of any flavor of your choice or 1 teaspoon of any liqueur); it is optional
- Place the ingredients. First of all, place the butter, salt, chips of chocolate, and cream in a medium-sized safe bowl in the microwave. And then microwave it in every 30-second intervals until they are properly melted i.e. for a time duration of 1 to 2 minutes. Make sure to stop heating it before all of the chips are melted. And then, easily stir it until the residue heat melts all of the chocolate. And in case you are using any liqueurs or flavorings then stir them in until they are properly mixed.
- Place the wrap. Now, place the wrap of plastic over white chocolate’s top and then refrigerate it until it becomes firm enough to scoop, for about 2 hours. And then, use a small sized candy scoop or a teaspoon in order to make small balls of 1 inch. Then, dust your hands properly with the confectioner’s sugar. And thereafter roll the truffles properly between both of your palms in order to make them round.
- Place the balls. Now, place the obtained balls on a parchment paper-lined sheet of baking and refrigerate it meanwhile you are preparing the coating of white candy. After this place, the coating in a safe bowl of microwave until it is melted, and keep stirring after an interval of 30 seconds to avoid overheating. Now, use a fork to dip a truffle of white chocolate into the obtained white coating. And then, hold it properly over that bowl so the surplus coating can be discarded into that bowl. After this, place it back on the parchment paper.
- Give the final touch. If you are thinking about topping the truffles with something like nuts, or sprinkles, then do it right now before the chocolate gets settled. And repeat the same process with the rest of the truffles. And then, refrigerate the tray for about 15 minutes, until the white coating gets settled. The dish is ready, so serve it at room temperature.
- If you want to preserve the dish then keep it in an airtight container. It can last for up to 14 days.
- Always try to eat the truffles at room temperature for best results.