- Centre cut wild salmon fillet (1pound, skin, and bones removed)
- Baby arugula (2 cups, loosely packed)
- Fresh lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- Coarse Sea Salt (for example, Maldon)
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Lemon Wedges (8)
- Slice the salmon. Slice it properly by placing the salmon on a work surface. Cut the salmon by using a sharp long bladed knife. And then, cut the salmon against the grain and ensure it is cut into very thin slices.
- Divide the salmon evenly in salad plates and arrange them flatly. Make sure no salmons overlap each other and then cover the salmon with a plastic wrap.
- Work on one plate at a time. Now that you’ve put thinly sliced salmon on each plate, use the flat bottom of a metal cup and press it down on the plastic until the salmon spreads out. The main purpose is to ensure that the salmon the entire surface of the plate into a thin layer. Continue this process and repeat it with all the remaining plates. Stack these plates in the refrigerator for 15 minutes until they are chill and cold.
- To season, in order to season the salmon, place arugula in a large size bowl. Drizzle the arugula in a large bowl and add 3 tablespoons of oil. Toss the arugula to coat it with this oil. Season this mixture with salt and pepper and then remove the plastic wrap from the salmon. Now you need to drizzle the obtained evenly spread salmon with one tablespoon of oil and add salt and pepper to it. In the end, scatter arugula over the salmon and serve with it with lemon wedges or might as well squeeze it over the salmon to provide a lemony taste. Now, the dish is ready, so serve it warm and chill. And enjoy your dish.
- The salmon can be marinated using other citrus juices as well. For example, orange juice, grapefruit juice, limes juice etc.
- As per liking, one can also add dill and green onion to the arugula coating and pour it over the salmon.
- Ensure all the juices and arugula is fresh.