- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ¾ cup of sugar (which is white)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup boiled water
- 3 ½ cups of fresh milk
- ¾ teaspoon extract (vanilla)
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
A rich, creamy hot cocoa is your best company on a chilly winter night. It is the perfect drink to enjoy time with your family and friends while sitting in front of a fireplace. It’s perfect for soothing your sweet craving. To enjoy a perfect cup of this drink, be particular about the measurements of the ingredients.
- Take a bowl and add the cocoa, sugar, and salt. Take another pan and add water to it and switch on the flame. Add the dry mixture of cocoa, sugar, and salt to the pan containing water and bring the mixture to boil. Remember to keep on stirring the mixture while it’s boiling, otherwise lumps will be formed which will deteriorate the taste of the final product.
- Simmer it for approximately 2 minutes. Don’t stop stirring. Add the milk into the pan. Stir the mixture thoroughly and keep the flame on until the drink is very hot, but remember not to boil it. Switch off the flame when hot, wait for a few seconds and then add vanilla extract to get a mesmerizing aroma.
- Serve the hot cocoa drink into 4 medium sized mugs. Garnish the drink with whipped cream and sprinkle some cocoa powder over it. Cool the drink to drinking temperature and enjoy the drink with your family and friends.
- Keep on stirring the mixture while the pan is on the flame otherwise lumps will be formed.
- Be careful about the measurements of the ingredients otherwise, the taste will be affected.
- Add the whipped cream generously to get an extremely creamy drink.
The drink will be very hot, so be extra careful. If you are a child, take assistance/ supervision from your parents.