- ½ cup of dried quinoa
- 4 cups of cubed large sized potatoes
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced green pepper
- ½ diced red onion
- 1 diced zucchini
- 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 2 ½ cups of enchilada sauce
- 1 cup of grated vegan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil, divided
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt, divided
- Red onion (optional)
- Tomato (optional)
- Jalapeno (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Take the quinoa, rinse it thoroughly and place it in a pot with one cup of water. Use a small pot. Put on it on medium to high flame for 2 minutes and then simmer to cook till the water is completely absorbed and the quinoa has been cooked properly or for 15 minutes. Now, keep it aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Take a large baking sheet and toss cubed potato with a ½ teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Bake the sweet potato for twenty minutes or till it is soft enough. While the sweet potato bakes, add the diced bell pepper, onion, and zucchini to a bowl and toss it with one teaspoon of olive oil. Then add salt and pepper. Make sure that the spices have incorporated properly.
- Increase the temperature of your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a large baking dish and add veggies, cooked quinoa, corn, baked beans, and ¾ cup of grated cheese, spices, enchilada sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Top it up with the rest of the cheese. This will make it tastier. Now, put it back in the oven to bake till the cheese has melted and it is heated through or for 10-15 minutes. Top it up with garnishes like avocado, tomato, red onion, and jalapeno. Serve hot and enjoy.
- You can make this recipe two days before and refrigerate till you bake. All you have to do is defrost it and then bake it in the oven.