- 1 ½ cup of dry brown lentils
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of small diced celery
- 1 cup of small diced carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ diced yellow onion
- 1/3 cups of gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup and more for the top
- 1 flax egg
- 2 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Take a medium-size saucepan and place the broth and the lentils. Cover it up with a lid. Bring the broth to boil. Simmer till the lentils have become tender and there is no liquid left or for 25 minutes.
- While the lentils cook, take a large pan and heat it on medium flame. Pour olive oil, thyme, diced vegetable, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook the vegetables till they become tender or for 12 minutes. Let the oven preheat at 375 degrees F. Now, add the cooked vegetables to the food processor and blend it for one minute or till it has minced. Add the lentils and give it some small pulses. Make sure that the lentils are still whole.
- Take a bowl and add the vegetable and the lentil mixture. Thereafter, add ketchup, breadcrumb, parsley, flax egg, salt, smoked paprika, and pepper. Mix it properly till everything has blended properly. Take a standard size muffin tin and use some cooking spray. Take a ¼ scoop and scoop some of the vegetable mixtures in the muffin tin. You will be able to get 12 of them from the mix. Flatten out the top of each of the muffin tin and squeeze around one teaspoon of ketchup at the top.
- Now. Place the meatloaves in the oven. Bake this till it has become slightly crispy or for 25 minutes. Allow it to cool down in the muffin tin for few minutes prior to removing them.
- To get the flax egg, you will have to mix 1 tablespoon of flax with 2 ½ tablespoon of water. Allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes.