- 1 pound (0.5 kg) of boneless chicken tenders/fingers
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of panko whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 5 teaspoons of canola oil
- Prepare the oven first. Preheat the oven to about 400 degrees F or around 200 degrees C. Prepare a large sized baking tray too by spraying some oil and brushing it lightly all over it. It prevents from the food to stick to the base.
- Prepare the dry mixture now. Take the flour into a medium-sized plate (like a shallow dish) and add the salt to it.
- Prepare the eggs for the sticky batter. Now, beat the eggs in a small bowl. This is for dipping and coating the chicken fingers before baking. Keep them properly and apply generously when we say.
- Prepare the breadcrumbs now. Part of the dry mixture that goes on the coating is made of panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, the paprika, and the salt. This forms the third dish with a similar dry mixture as the flour. Pour a few drops of oil till the spices mix well with the breadcrumbs while not making it wet. Mix it well till sticky.
- Now, dipping starts. Use two hands separately for the dry and went the parts of the dipping. Start with a chicken stripe, and dip it in the flour mixture. Coat it generously and completely. Now, transfer it to the egg dish and dip it properly. Finally, spread it over the breadcrumbs and coat it evenly all around. Set that tender aside on the baking sheet now. Repeat the same with rest of the slices.
- Time to bake now. Transfer the breaded slices in the baking dish into the oven. Bake it for around 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot with your favorite dip/sauce.
NOTES – These are baked and not fried. They are also breaded in panko with seasoning and oil which makes them healthy.