- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil leaves
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, skinless
- Get some rice or quinoa, and veggies pre-chopped from the grocery for serving with a meal if you like. This is optional and not part of the soup recipe
- Prepare the chicken thighs. You want to get the chicken from boneless areas only. Get your grocery store to cut the things separately. Also, ask them to skin the chicken. In the case of chicken wings or crispy fried chicken, it is often desired to leave the skin intact. For this soup, we remove the skin too. If you get it prepacked from your local grocery store, it is well and good.
- Allow a large soup pot to get ready. Get a 4-quart vessel. To start with the soup, get a large or medium sized pot. For serving four people, get a large skillet or cooker otherwise. Clean the bottom of the cooker properly. Pour the oil and allow it to get heated at low flame. Once, it is warm, place the chicken things close to each other at the bottom of the cooker. Turn sides and let the oil stick around the thighs.
- Prepare the stock for the soup. We are not taking chicken stock from the grocery store. Instead, we prepare our own by cooking it for up to 5 to 6 hours. To do that, we add the sauces, ketchup, minced garlic cloves, honey, and the basil leaves in a small bowl. Mix them well and then pour over the chicken thighs already lying at the bottom of the cooker. The flame is still at low heat.
- Now, it is time to wait and have patience. The chicken thighs will get cooked slowly on low heat inside the cooker. Allow it to cook for up to 6 hours. Instead, if you like you can cook it on high heat and it will be ready in less than 30 minutes. But, we want to prepare a slow-cooked thigh soup.
NOTES – Here are some tips to keep your food moist. You can use aluminum foil to keep the items moist. After cooking it evenly, you can use it to clean up the cooker easily. You can serve them with basmati rice or quinoa. It blends well with the meal. You can also add roasted and slightly sautéed vegetables with the chicken thigh soup. It complements the taste.