What to pack for lunch that is healthy?
Snacks to pack
- Hard-boiled egg and a few whole grain crackers.
- Plain or vanilla Greek yogurt with berries.
- Steamed edamame (soybeans)
- Apple slices with almond butter.
- Veggie sticks with black bean dip.
- Protein-packed bars.
How I pack my lunch box?
Is packing your lunch healthier?
What should lunch include?
- Fresh fruit.
- Crunchy vegetables.
- A meat or protein food such as slices of lean meat, hardboiled egg, peanut butter or nut paste*
- Dairy food such as a cheese stick or slice, grated cheese, milk or yoghurt.
- Starchy food such as bread, a roll, pita or flat bread, fruit bread or crackers.
What is a normal lunch time?
How can I bring my lunch to work?
A store-bought rotisserie chicken for topping salads or filling wraps, a container of healthy hummus for dipping veggie sticks, a pre-washed box of mixed lettuces for making salad — these are all great ways to cut down on prep and cook time when putting together a work lunch.