- 900 ml of chicken stock or broth (vegetable stock also works fine)
- About 200gm of boneless chicken shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped ginger
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 100 grams of mushrooms finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon of corn, if you have
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 50 gm of rice or wheat noodles, as you like
- 1 teaspoon of green chilies finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Start with a large pan. Put it to medium heat. Pour the stock adds the shredded chicken pieces, garlic, and root ginger slices. Start to cook it by stirring constantly. Bring it to boil under the heat. And, then quickly reduce the heat, and let it simmer for like 20 minutes or so.
- The chicken is tender now. Once you find the chicken pieces soft and tender, you can find the nice smell of cooked chicken. It is time to remove it to the aside. You can let it cool for a minute. The chicken can be added in chunks too and after it has become soft, take it out and mince it with a fork. Return it to the pan and continue.
- Now, return the stock to the pan. Add the noodles and let it boil. Pour the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Simmer for like 5 minutes and the noodles will become tender. Now, pour into bowls. Add this to two bowls and serve with any left basil or parsley.
- This is great for cold winter because it has ginger to keep you warm. Add this to a light meal or just have two bowls for a light supper.