- 1 How do I make pudding from scratch?
- 2 How do you make sugar free pudding from scratch?
- 3 What are the ingredients of instant pudding?
- 4 What can I substitute for lemon pudding?
- 5 What can I use instead of pudding mix?
- 6 Can pudding be made with water?
- 7 Can you make instant chocolate pudding with water?
How do I make pudding from scratch?
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Slowly stir in milk. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Pour hot pudding into dessert glasses or molds that have been rinsed in cold water. Chill until firm. Unmold if desired.
How do you make sugar free pudding from scratch?
- 2 cups milk of choice.
- scant 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1/2 cup more milk of choice mixed with 3 tbsp cornstarch (23g cornstarch)
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract.
- 1/8 tsp uncut stevia (OR 1/4 cup sugar)
- optional 2 tsp buttery spread.
What are the ingredients of instant pudding?
Sugar, Modified Cornstarch, Contains Less than 2% of Natural and Artificial Flavor, Salt, Disodium Phosphate and Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate (for Thickening), Mono and Diglycerides (Prevent Foaming), Artificial Color, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, BHA (Preservative).
What can I substitute for lemon pudding?
Instant Lemon Pudding Mix Substitute
- Create Your Own. If you cannot find the instant lemon pudding mix anywhere, we suggest that you make the mix on your own.
- Lemon Enhancers.
- Vanilla Mix.
- Cake Mix.
- Lemon Filling.
- Custard Mix.
What can I use instead of pudding mix?
Vanilla pudding mix is basically cornstarch, sugar, and artificial flavorings and coloring. So to replace it in a recipe, you need cornstarch and sweetener and vanilla flavor.
Can pudding be made with water?
Yes, pudding can be made with water instead of mil, but you will have to reduce the amount of liquid. The protein and fats in milk help the pudding set and become creamy, while the water provides nothing like that. You need to use less water than milk, because the pudding will become too runny.
Can you make instant chocolate pudding with water?
Yes, you can make pudding with water instead of milk but you have to keep the amount of water low. Milk contains a lot of fat and protein. This amount of protein and fat helps to make the pudding thick and creamy.