What is gooey butter cake made of?
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter, and egg. Press into prepared pan. In another large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together cream cheese, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
How do you know when butter cake is done?
Check for doneness at the minimum recommended baking time, then check every 2 minutes after that. Butter cakes are done when a toothpick inserted near the center of the cakes comes out clean.
Where can I buy Gooey Louie butter cake?
Top 5 Spots
- Kruta Bakery – Collinsville, Ill.
- Russell’s Café and Bakery – Fenton, St. Louis, Chesterfield.
- Gooey Louie – St. Louis.
- McArthur’s Bakery – Mehlville.
- Park Avenue Coffee – St. Louis.
- More places to find gooey butter cake.
How do you make a gooey butter cake from scratch?
Gooey Butter Cake in 6 steps:
- Proof the yeast mixture. Combine yeast, sugar and warm milk.
- Make the crust.
- Press in pan and let rise.
- Make the topping.
- Drop topping on dough/crust.
- Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes until the top has set and is golden brown.