- 1 Which salad is best for weight loss?
- 2 What goes with salad instead of meat?
- 3 What is the healthiest salad?
- 4 What vegetables go in a salad?
- 5 What are the healthiest vegetables for a salad?
- 6 What can I put in my salad to make it taste better?
- 7 Which lettuce keeps longest?
- 8 Why do restaurant salads taste so good?
- 9 How can I spice up my salad?
- 10 How do you dress up a plain salad?
Which salad is best for weight loss?
- Spring greens: Arugula, spinach, chard, watercress, mustard greens, and beet greens are soft, flavorful spring greens.
- Low-calorie greens: Iceberg, bibb, romaine, radicchio, escarole, endive, leaf lettuce, and frisée are all crisp, low-calorie greens.
What goes with salad instead of meat?
- Lentils and beans. Legumes are the classic choice here.
- Tofu and Tempeh. It’s all about prepping these ahead and seasoning them well.
- Feta (or Other Crumbly) Cheese. Feta adds tang, creaminess, and contrast to crunchy vegetables or chewy grains.
- Nuts and Seeds. Don’t overlook the little guys.
What is the healthiest salad?
They have the most nutrients. Case in point: Kale and spinach have over 10 times more immune-boosting vitamins A and C than iceberg lettuce. Not a fan of those? Turn over a new leaf: Boston, bibb, and romaine lettuces have a mild flavor, while arugula and watercress have a peppery bite.
What vegetables go in a salad?
What are the healthiest vegetables for a salad?
What can I put in my salad to make it taste better?
Which lettuce keeps longest?
Why do restaurant salads taste so good?
How can I spice up my salad?
- Play with Your Greens. Avocados, radishes and scallions top this watercress and radicchio salad recipe with a fish-sauce-spiked dressing to make a vibrant spring salad.
- Add Fresh Herbs.
- Switch Up Your Protein.
- DIY Your Dressing.
- Grab the Veggie Peeler.
- Keep It Crunchy.