How can I use leftover spinach?
Sesame Noodles with Wilted Greens. Creamy Pesto Mac with Spinach. Easy Spinach Ricotta Pasta.
Here are some of my favorite soups and stews that are perfect for your leftover spinach:
- Garden Vegetable Lasagna Soup.
- Navy Bean Soup with Sausage & Spinach.
- Upgrading Instant Ramen.
- Easy Egg Drop Soup.
- Swamp Soup.
Is it better to steam or boil spinach?
Steaming quickly tenderizes and wilts the leaves down without much need of seasoning until after cooking. Blanching immediately cooks the leaves in seconds and most often used as an intermediary step for a dish.
What can you combine spinach with?
Earthy vegetables like butternut squash work well with spinach, as do tomatoes, onions, and roasted red peppers. A pound of fresh leaves will cook down to about a cup. For a side dish of cooked spinach, figure 8 oz.
What is the healthiest way to cook spinach?
How to Cook Fresh Spinach the Healthy Way
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and submerse the spinach in it to wash the leaves.
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium or medium-low as needed to maintain a simmer.
- Steam the spinach for about 2 minutes, just until wilted.
- Season the spinach to taste.