- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 6 Italian sausages
- 10 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon of the ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary
- ¼ cup basic
- ¼ cup oregano
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 cup of red wine
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper, crushed
- 1 small can of tomato puree or paste
- 10 can of whole tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Take a large pot and put it on medium-high heat. Now, add olive oil to it. Put the sausages in the pan. Brown the sausages. Be careful not to burn it. Turn them and cook the other side. All sides should be equally brown. Remove them from the pan and put them in a bowl.
- Now, add ground beef in the same pan. Cook it till it isn’t pink anymore. Add onion and garlic. Stir till the onions are soft. Add the spices and stir. Now, add sugar, vinegar, salt, bay leaf, and pepper. Add the sausages to the sauce. Lower the heat and cook for at least 2 hours without covering. Keep stir continuously. Serve with your favorite pasta and parmesan cheese.
- When you freeze the sauce, put it in ziplock bag.