- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 ¼ pound of Italian sausages
- ¾ pound of ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cups of water
- 2 cans of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of freshly minced parsley
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 carton ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups of mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook the lasagna noodles as per the descriptions on the package. Now, cook the sausages in the Dutch oven along with the onion and beef on medium heat for 10 minutes. Cook it till the meat isn’t pink anymore. Crumble the meat. Add garlic to the mix and cook for a minute.
- Now, stir in the tomato, water, tomato paste, sugar, parsley, fennel, basil, and salt and pepper. Bring this to boil. Lower the flame and cook it uncovered for thirty minutes. Stir this mix occasionally. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Take a bowl and add ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, and salt. Take a baking dish; spread two cups of the sauce. After that add the noodles and then layer it with ricotta mixture. Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers again. Bake for 25 minutes and allow it to stand for 15 minutes before you serve.
- You need to bake the lasagna uncovered.