Peanut Flour Crust
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup peanut flour
- 2 tbsps. butter
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup low carb sweetener.
- 1/4 tsp. salt (as per taste)
Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 2 cups whipping cream (cold)
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 7g grass-fed gelatin (about 2 tsp)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 cup sweetener (low carb)
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, melt the peanut butter and normal butter for 30 sec. Do not overheat. Mix them thoroughly for 30 sec at least.
- Add all the ingredients. Put vanilla extract, beaten eggs, and sweetener in the above mixture. Mix it thoroughly. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix them into a dough.
- Take a pie pan and press the dough into it (thickness of 8-9 inch. You can change the thickness as per your choice). Bake at 325F for 15-20 minutes. Remove and let it cool for some time.
- Add the gelatin. In a bowl containing cold water, add gelatin and stir well. Allow it to soften for 2 mins. To this, add boiling water and stir to dissolve the gelatin and obtain a clear mixture. Let it cool a little.
- Add sweetener, cocoa, whipping cream, vanilla extract and beat (use medium speed of mixer for better results). Scrap bottom of the bowl occasionally. Pour gelatin mixture and blend thoroughly to attain proper consistency.
- Pour this into the pie crust and refrigerate for 4 hours and serve.
Heavy whipping cream ensures rich texture and smooth blend.
Change gelatin quantity for improved texture.