- 456g lump crab meat
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil.
- 1/4 cup egg white
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp almond flour (blanched)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp herbs and spices.
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
Optional: Use Mustard sauce for serving purpose.
- 1/4 cup heavy mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice (fresh)
- Sauté the chopped onion. Take a skillet over medium heat. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Sauté chopped onion for 10 minutes. Ensure that they are translucent and light brown.
- Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate. In a bowl, mix almond flour, egg white, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, dried parsley, herbs and spices. Add the sautéed onions, and introduce the crab meat. Avoid breaking the lump. Now, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook until it became brown. Form 8 patties and fry them on a skillet over medium heat. Make two batches if necessary. Use olive oil for each batch according to the need. Initially, the batter will be very loose, but once the egg in the mix starts to cook, they will hold together fine. Fry on 1 side until firm for about 2 minutes, flip and fry for another 1 minute.
- You can serve with mustard sauce (prepare by mixing the given ingredients) or along with some baby spinach and cherry tomatoes with a touch of mango remolded.
Use golden flaxseed meal (for nut-free) instead of almond flour.
For herbs and spices, you can use celery salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, paprika etc.