- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of diced potatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 ounces, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (15 ounces, no salt)
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup of sliced onions
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon of freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- Prepare the mixture first. Heat a large sized pot or skillet and add oil to it. Let it get warm and begin to evaporate. At medium heat, this should take about a minute. Add the potatoes to it, and saute for like 3 minutes. Now, decrease the flame to low, and continue. Add the cauliflower florets, onion and curry powder and continue cooking for about 1 minute. Keep stirring the mixture properly. It adds and gets lumped at a corner if you don’t.
- Now, it’s time to add the vegetable broth to the whole mixture. You add the tomatoes then. Bring it to boil by increasing the flame a bit. Once you see it beginning to boil, cover up the skillet with a lid. Reduce the heat low and simmer. Let it simmer for like 10 more minutes or so. Until the vegetables become tender, continue stirring and simmer. Do not overcook it because this may make the taste bland, so remove it from heat and keep it covered until you serve. Finally, sprinkle the cilantro and serve hot. Add yoghurt for garnish.
NOTES – Add the vegetables after washing even if from cans. Keep the stock clean. To avoid lumping stir frequently because this builds up under the vegetables and can get unnoticed for a long time.