Are you craving for pizzas? Time to switch on to incomparable hygienic, flavorful and tasty veggie pizza!
In this particular pizza recipe, except cheese all other ingredients are home made. It is a basic veggie pizza where you may easily use your own assorted vegetables along with onion and capsicum. You may Click Here to get an idea of Tempting Indian Pizza Recipes – A Must Try!
You may also include basil and dried oregano for enhancing the flavor of the sauce. The pizza bread is prepared by taking into usage all purpose flour. For a dense base, you may take into usage wheat flour.
Its preparation time comprises of 2 hours 20 minutes and cooking time is about 20 minutes. Total 2 hours 40 minutes! Can be served up to 5 people easily!
Measuring cup of 250 ml has been taken into usage.
Preparing pizza bread base
- 2-3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 full cup of warm water
- Dry active yeast of up to 2 teaspoons
- ¼ teaspoon of sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
For brushing purpose, olive oil has been used. For sprinkling purpose you may use flour, semolina or cornmeal.
Preparing tomato sauce
- 5 tomatoes
- 3 garlic pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine (It is optional!)
- 2 teaspoon dried basil. Fresh basil can also be used
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced capsicum
- 1 tomato
- Pitted and sliced green olives
- Pitted and sliced black olives
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Fresh and dried herbs
Method of preparation
First, let us learn to make the pizza bread through the following procedures:
- Sprinkled sugar in warm water along with yeast and stirred. Allowed the mixture to settle at room temperature for maximum 15 minutes till it becomes frothy.
- Added one cup of flour, olive oil, salt and a frothy mixture of yeast in a bowl.
- Stirred and added one more cup of flour.
- Stirred again till the mixture became sticky in nature.
- Added one more cup of flour and continued stirring.
- Kneaded the dough into a smooth and springy ball.
- Applied a small amount of olive oil all over the dough.
- Covered the dough loosely and kept the same in a large bowl at room temperature for about two hours.
Finally, the dough will get doubled up and leavened in a nice manner indicating it’s ready to use state.
Now it’s time to prepare the tomato basil pizza sauce. Following is the procedure
- The tomatoes must be blanched and chopped
- Fried the chopped garlic in hot oil
- Added tomatoes and wine
- Cooked the mixture for 5 minutes in an uncovered
- Added herbs, salt and pepper
- Mixed well and further cooked for 4 minutes
Assembling the veggie pizza
The following procedure must be followed at the time of assembling the veggie pizza prepared:
- Flattened the dough to a disk
- Rolled the dough onto a floured surface
- Placed the dough onto a greased and dusted pan
- Brushed a few amount of olive oil on the pizza base
- Spread tomato sauce on pizza
- Topped with veggies and spread grated cheese
- Baked the pizza in a preheated oven for maximum 20 minutes at 200º Centigrade
Ready to serve!
Easy to follow tips
A few tips to follow in terms of veggie pizza include the following:
- The pizza can be also prepared in a food processor.
- In case the dough is not soft and a bit dry, then some amount of warm water must be added.
- The vegetables can be sauté lightly in olive oil for good taste.
- The left over portion of the pizza can be easily refrigerated.