A healthy and highly nutritious choice in order to match all sorts of occasions is about to be at your fingertips. An easy preparation of whole wheat veg pizza will definitely prove you as the best cook.
Now onwards, you need not go for breaking your bank by purchasing pizza from outside the shop as you can make a better item at your home by your precious hands. All you need to do is kneading the dough in a well manner so that you may easily fetch a nice and soft textured pizza.
Also, assembling the pizza is much easier than it seems. Even you may prepare the required sauce easily in your own home without taking the usage of any preservative. In order to get an idea regarding Garlic Chicken Pizza Versions, you may Try This.
The preparation time of This Recipe is 1.5 hours and cooking time is of about 15 minutes. The ingredients required are as under:
[Note: Here 1 cup means 250 ml.]
- Whole wheat flour – 3 cups
- Water – 1 to 1.25 cups
- Dry active yeast – 2 teaspoons
- Sugar – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Whole wheat flour – for dusting
- Tomatoes – 3 (for preparing puree)
- Finely chopped garlic cloves – 5
- Chopped fresh basil leaves – 1 to 1.5 tablespoon
- Dry oregano – 1 to 1.5 teaspoon
- Red wine – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Black pepper – As required
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Mushrooms, steamed corn kernels and mozzarella cheese
Method of preparation
You need to follow the following easy steps for preparing the dough for your delicious pizza:
- Taken a cup of water and lightly warmed
- Added 14 teaspoon sugar and stirred until it gets dissolved
- Added 1.5 teaspoon yeast and stirred until all components get dissolved
- Added 1 cup whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoon olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt
- For dry active yeast, added flour, olive oil and salt after the yeast solution has bubbled and mixed
- Added 1 more cup of flour
- Mixed well and started kneading till it became soft and pliable
- Rubbed a bit of olive oil over the dough and kept it covered with a kitchen towel for an 1-2 hours
Now it is time to prepare the pizza sauce whose procedure has been mentioned as under:
- Rinsed and chopped tomatoes
- Pureed them into a blender
- Heated olive oil in a small pan
- Added chopped garlic and sauté for 10-12 seconds on low flame
- Added tomato puree and sauté and red wine for 4-5 minutes on a low to medium flame
- Added chopped basil, dry oregano, salt and pepper
- Stirred and simmered for 2 minutes on a low to medium flame
- Added salt and pepper as required
- Once cooled, used pizza sauce as a topping on pizzas
Now it is time to assemble the pizza dough! The following procedure needs to be followed in a thorough manner:
- After the dough has leavened, it must be divided into parts. Each portion must be needed and kept covered for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Before assembling, greased 9 to 10 diameter round pan with olive oil. Dusted the pan with some whole wheat flour or cornmeal of semolina.
- Heated the oven for 20 minutes by preventing the same from getting preheated.
- Took one portion of dough and dusted the dough lightly with whole wheat flour.
- Rolled the dough into 8-9 inches diameter in an even manner.
- Lifted and placed the same gently in the pan.
- Brushed some olive oil in the dough, followed by spreading of 3-4 tablespoons of pizza sauce in an even manner.
- Added 3 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Topped with vegetables.
- Sprinkled some red chili flakes and dried oregano.
- Again topped with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Kept the baking tray into the center of the preheated oven and baked till the cheese got melted.
After it went baked and golden color, sliced the pizza and served hot.