How do you cook pork chops without drying them out?
How To Cook Pork Chops Without Drying Them Out
- Buy bone-in pork chops.
- Add a flavor boost with a simple marinade.
- Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking.
- Start them on the stove; finish them in the oven.
- Add a splash of chicken stock to prevent the meat from drying out in the oven.
- Buy a meat thermometer — it doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Let it rest.
Why do you soak pork chops in milk?
Apparently, milk is more effective in tenderizing meat than other marinades. The milk enzymes seem to break the proteins, softening the fibers and making the meat more tender. Other milk products suitable for tenderizing meat (not only pork but chicken or beef as well) are yogurt or buttermilk.
How do you tenderize pork?
How long should you marinate pork?
Your best bet for achieving marination magic is to soak your chicken, pork chops or loins and steak at least 30 minutes, but never longer than overnight. The risk of a lengthy bath in the marinade comes back to acid.