- 1 How do you make tomato soup from scratch from fresh tomatoes?
- 2 Do you need to peel tomatoes for soup?
- 3 How do you make creamy tomato soup from scratch?
- 4 How do you fix bland tomato soup?
- 5 Why soup is bad for you?
- 6 What can you add to tomato soup?
- 7 Is tomato and basil soup good for you?
- 8 Why is tomato soup bad for you?
How do you make tomato soup from scratch from fresh tomatoes?
Do you need to peel tomatoes for soup?
How do you make creamy tomato soup from scratch?
- Melt butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add thyme, onion, and garlic. Cook until onion is completely soft and translucent, 10–12 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices, 1 tsp. sugar, and 8 cups water to pot.
- Stir in ¼ cup cream. Simmer soup until flavors meld, 10–15 minutes longer.
How do you fix bland tomato soup?
- Add herbs.
- Stir in butter, cream, or coconut milk.
- Use tomato paste for intensity.
- Use canned tomatoes for consistency.
- Don’t forget a drizzle before serving.
Why soup is bad for you?
Many thickening agents used in cream-based soups may increase your soup’s calorie and fat content. Similarly, instant and canned soups often lead to excessive sodium intake.
What can you add to tomato soup?
Use whatever you have on hand—almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds—adding a spice or two (such as paprika or cumin) for even more flavor.