Jam bread rolls are excellent as a breakfast item or as a snack for evening tea or coffee. Instead of using fruit jam, you can try the recipe with cheese filling, chocolate spread, or any other savory and sweet filling.
Recipe for jam bread rolls:
- All purpose flour – 3 cups
- Fresh yeast – ½ tbsp
- Sunflower oil – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Rock salt – ¼ tsp
- Fruit jam – ¾ cup
- Desiccated coconut – 3tbsp (unsweetened)
- Water as required
How To Prepare?
- Take 1 cup warm water and add the sugar.
- Stir well and add yeast and make the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Take the flour in a bowl and add salt.
- Add yeast solution and oil and knead to form soft and elastic dough.
- Apply oil on the dough and keep aside for 1 hour.
- When the dough gets doubled in size, roll into rectangular shape after dusting flour on the worktable.
- The dough should have a thickness of ½ inch.
- Apply the fruit jam on the rolled out dough.
- Sprinkle coconut over the jam.
- Now start rolling the dough to make a log.
- Seam the sides by pressing the dough and place it in greased baking pan.
- Allow leavening time of 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 1800
- Bake the roll for about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and allow it to cool.
- Slice the jam rolls and serve with coffee or tea.