Soups are really heart filling food, which is easy to cook and at the same time is really tasty.
A good soup may not be very difficult to make, so on days when you don’t have time, this chicken and wild rice soup is sure to fill you up, and make you warm and fuzzy. This recipe is one of those comfort foods, which you love to have on a rainy day, or on days when it is really cold, and you want something to warm up your system and give you that much needed energy. You can have this soup by itself or can have it with some complementary bread of your choice.
If you love having soups, then there are so many recipes to try from, that you will be spoilt for choice. Click Here for Low Calorie Soup For Weight Watchers, if you are diet conscious, and would like to try a light soup to keep your weight in check. Here is the recipe for the creamy chicken and wild rice soup:
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cooked boneless chicken breasts which have been cut into shreds
- 2 cups of water
- I packet of quick cooking long grained rice
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ tea spoon of salt
- ¾ cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- ½ cup of butter
- Take a large bowl and put on medium heat. Combine the chicken broth, water and chicken. Bring this mix to a boil and add in the rice, if the rice comes with a seasoning, reserve it for later use. Cover the mixture and then remove it from heat.
- Next taking a small bowl, combine pepper, salt and some flour to it. Take a medium saucepan and keep it on medium heat. Next, melt butter and add the seasoning packet, which came along with the rice.
- Mix the two till the mixture becomes bubbly and reduce it to low heat, add in the flour mixture and combine to form a Roux. Next whisk in some cream, little by little, continue to stir, till all the cream is combined with the mixture.
- Cook this mixture until it thickens properly for about 5 minutes and stir in the creamy broth prepared in the previous steps. Cover the mixture and cook over medium heat till the rice is cooked as per your preference. This step usually taken 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can store this soup for a day or two as it makes awesome leftovers.
This soup can bring along with it a lot of calories, so be sure to limit the consumption of this soup. You could have this weekly or fortnightly, depending on your mood. Because this soup is so easy to create and takes very little time, it is the ultimate comfort food, or the kind of dish you will need to make when you do not have much time to prepare elaborate food preparations. You can make modifications to the recipe as per your preference. You could also change the chicken with your choice of protein, however, that would alter the cooking time.