- 1 Should you cook apples before making apple pie?
- 2 Which apples make the best pies?
- 3 What is the best apple to bake with?
- 4 Which is the sweetest apple?
- 5 Can I use Gala apples for apple pie?
- 6 How many apples is 3 lbs?
- 7 How much is 3 lbs of bananas?
- 8 How many apples does it take to make 6 cups?
- 9 How many pounds of apples do you need for a pie?
Should you cook apples before making apple pie?
Don’t cook them. Just keep them in cold water to keep them from browning until it’s time to assemble the pie. Coat the raw apples with sugar and flour and pour them into the crust. Top the pie with a top crust.
Which apples make the best pies?
Best Apples for Apple Pie
- Granny Smith Apples. For whatever reason, Granny Smith apples have long been considered the favorite for apple pies.
- Golden Delicious.
- Jonathan or Jonagold Apples.
- Northern Spy.
- What Do We Want from Our Apples?
What is the best apple to bake with?
The 5 Best Apples for Baking
- Granny Smith. The Granny Smith apple is my go-to apple for any baked or cooked recipe.
- Jonathan or Jonagold. These apples are very similar in flavor and how they behave when baked.
- Cortland. Don’t push this small apple to the side.
Which is the sweetest apple?
If you think about the apples that you can find frequently at a grocery store, the top sweet apple is Fuji. The sugar levels in a Fuji apple range from 15-18 on average (remember, an apple is mostly made up of water).
Can I use Gala apples for apple pie?
You can use any type of apples you like. Fall is a great time to go apple picking and get super fresh ones for a homemade pie like this. We use gala apples in this recipe, and I think they cook really well and have great flavor. Some people prefer Granny Smith apples for their firmness and tart flavor.
How many apples is 3 lbs?
If a recipe calls for three pounds of apples, you can buy 10 apples and feel confident you’ll have all you need.
How much is 3 lbs of bananas?
1 Bunch of 6-9 Organic Bananas Approximately 3 Lbs.
How many apples does it take to make 6 cups?
If the recipe calls for 6 cups of sliced apples, you’ll likely need about 8 medium-sized apples, or about 2 pounds of medium-sized apples.
How many pounds of apples do you need for a pie?
A pound of apples will yield 3 cups; so for 8 cups prepared apples, you‘ll need about 2 2/3 pounds whole apples (make it 2 3/4 pounds, if you‘re at the supermarket weighing).