- 1 What is the difference between vanilla and French vanilla cake mix?
- 2 What can I add to a vanilla cake mix?
- 3 How can I make boxed vanilla cake mix better?
- 4 How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
- 5 What can I make with cake mix without eggs?
- 6 How much applesauce replaces an egg?
- 7 Can I make Betty Crocker cake without eggs?
- 8 Can I bake a box cake with 2 eggs?
- 9 What happens if you don’t use enough eggs in a cake?
- 10 What happens if I add an extra egg to my cake mix?
- 11 Can I substitute mayonnaise for eggs in a cake mix?
What is the difference between vanilla and French vanilla cake mix?
French vanilla cake is also a vanilla cake, but with a more distinct flavor. It actually just refers to the flavor of a vanilla custard (aka the classic French way of making ice cream from cream and egg yolks). French vanilla cake mimics a custard flavor by including egg yolks in the batter, making it a yellow cake.
What can I add to a vanilla cake mix?
Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1 to 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to any of the yellow or white cake mixes. 7. When making your cake batter, sift the powder mix first through a sifter or sieve. Then use applesauce instead of the oil, and add a splash of vanilla (no matter what flavor cake you’re making.)
How can I make boxed vanilla cake mix better?
Take whatever flavoring is in your boxed mix, and add more of it: If you’re making a vanilla cake mix, add another teaspoon or two of vanilla extract, or a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste. For a chocolate cake mix, add a pinch of espresso powder (this will boost the chocolate flavor without adding any coffee taste).
How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
Even better, most are super easy, with items you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Add an extra egg. Adding an extra egg to a boxed cake recipe is a longtime trick to amp up the moisture and density.
- Swap milk for water.
- Or try coffee … or ginger ale!
- Add mayonnaise.
- Add a box of instant pudding.
What can I make with cake mix without eggs?
How to Substitute Eggs in a Cake Mix
- 1 – Vinegar and Baking Soda. One of the easiest replacements for eggs in a cake mix is a combination of vinegar and baking soda.
- 2 – Applesauce.
- 3 – Plain Yogurt.
- 4 – Tofu.
- 5 – Ripe Banana.
- 6 – Protein Powder.
- 7 – Flaxseeds.
How much applesauce replaces an egg?
Unsweetened applesauce is a great substitute for eggs in most recipes. You can use one-fourth cup (about 65 grams) to replace one egg.
Can I make Betty Crocker cake without eggs?
Most Betty Crocker mixes call for the addition of eggs. According to the website, you can replace eggs using applesauce, bananas, flax seeds, or a can of diet soda. As far as ratios go, a quarter cup of unsweetened applesauce replaces one egg. A ripe, evenly mashed banana is equal to one egg.
Can I bake a box cake with 2 eggs?
Eggs have a functional role in cakes, but you can often substitute one or two eggs in a cake should you want or need to. Sometimes the eggs will be doing both in the same recipe.
What happens if you don’t use enough eggs in a cake?
The eggs are used to add moisture to the cake batter and they give elasticity, see e.g. sponge cake. If you leave out an egg, the dough can turn out crumbly, too dry or not fluffy enough (where the eggs are separated and the egg whites are beaten), sometimes the dough will not rise as expected.
What happens if I add an extra egg to my cake mix?
Because emulsifiers hold water and fat together, adding extra egg yolks to the batter enables the batter to hold extra liquid and, consequently, extra sugar. This helps create a moister and sweeter cake that will still bake up with a good structure rather than falling into a gooey mass.
Can I substitute mayonnaise for eggs in a cake mix?
You can substitute mayonnaise for eggs in cakes, and several recipes have been developed that make this substitution. It’s best to substitute mayonnaise in cakes with a stronger flavor, such as a chocolate cake or a spice cake. Using mayonnaise instead of eggs produces a very moist cake with a rich flavor.