How do you make a juicy meatloaf?
2. Add moisture at every step. Don’t skip adding eggs, ketchup, tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire, barbecue sauce or some combination of wet seasonings. They don’t just add flavor and texture, they help make the meat super juicy.
What does milk do in meatloaf?
The reason milk is added in meatloaf is that it soaks the bread crumbs which add needed moisture to the meatloaf. If you personally do not want to use milk you can try using low sodium beef stock, chicken stock, water, or a non-dairy milk substitute.
How does Martha Stewart make meatloaf?
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pulse bread in a food processor until finely ground.
- Pulse garlic, onion, celery, carrot, and parsley in food processor until finely chopped. Add to breadcrumbs.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup ketchup and the brown sugar until smooth; brush onto meat.
Do you drain meatloaf?
A free-form meatloaf allows you to develop a crust on the outside, but it can dry out. If you bake your meatloaf in a loaf pan, which ensures a moist loaf, consider draining the fat 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time to develop a crisp top.
What can I use instead of ketchup in meatloaf?
Substitutes For Ketchup In Meatloaf
- BBQ sauce. If you want to outshine while making this family classic, go for BBQ sauce as a glaze.
- Mayonnaise. Although distinct from ketchup, mayonnaise can serve the role of a glaze.
- Red Salsa. Wanna try something spicy yet full of unique flavor?
- Mushroom sauce.
Should you cover meatloaf with foil?
Cover a single large meatloaf with a piece of aluminum foil during cooking to keep it moist, but uncover it for the last 15 minutes of baking. “Meatloaf is highly suited to being either frozen raw for cooking later or cooked and frozen to reheat.” Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
What temp should meatloaf be cooked at?
The ideal internal temperature for meatloaf is 160 degrees. While the USDA doesn’t have a determined cooking temperature for meatloaf as it does for whole meats, it does recommend cooking ground beef to 160 degrees.