- Wings of Turkey (2, large sized, slice them in 3 different parts)
- Large sized diced red onion
- Freshly chopped leaves of sage (4)
- Large sized diced portobello mushroom (1)
- Flour that is all purpose (½)
- Freshly dried thyme
- Baking Pan (Made of Glass)
- Powder of Onion (1 tablespoon)
- Powder of Garlic (1 tablespoon)
- Seed of celery (1½ tablespoons)
- Chicken (6 cups)
- Salt for seasoning (3 tablespoons)
Have you ever been confused about what to cook for your kids on a Sunday lunch? This dish is ideal for the day and can ensure an enjoyable weekend. Serve with sauces like chili, mint mayonnaise etc.
- Add flour with all the ingredients for seasoning in a large-sized bowl and whisk it well. Cover the wings of turkey with this flour mix and put it aside for 5 to 10 minutes. Preserve all the extra flour. Take a large sized pan and add vegetable flour to it. Ensure the flame is on medium.
- After the oil is hot, add some turkey to it one by one. Do not make the turkey overlap each other. Only remove the turkey from the pan once it attains in a golden-brown shade. Now, put this golden-brown turkey in a slow cooker.
- Add onions and mushrooms into a pan, toss it. Cook until they are translucent in color. Now add these tossed veggies into a slow cooker that already has the turkey wings.
- In the pan, add the rest of the vegetable oil. Drizzle the extra flour that was preserved earlier and add it to the pan once the oil is hot.
- All you have to do is cook this flour and wait till it is brown in shade. Make sure you stir this flour continuously. Now pour the broth of chicken and whisk it. Once this blend has smoothened, add in the leaves of sage.
- Now that the gravy has formed, you need to stir it. And pour it on the wings of the turkey. Take the slow cooker and cover it with a lid. Put the cooker on a slow flame and cook the dish for 6 hours. Serve hot once done.
- You can serve the dish with mashed potatoes and veggies.
- You can use turkey broth instead of chicken broth.
- Do not preserve the dish for more than 3 hours.