- 2 corns ears, husk, and silk removed and chopped into four pieces each
- ¼ of an onion, finely chopped
- ¼ of red bell pepper, finely chopped
- A handful of freshly chopped cilantro
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 packet of extra firm tofu
- 1 ½ cup of frozen corn kernels
- ¼ cup of cream, non-dairy
- Salt to taste
- Add onion, pieces of corn, cilantro, bell pepper, and 5 cups of broth in a large pot. Bring this to a boil and cover it with a lid. Leave it to cook for around 20 minutes until the corn is tender.
- Uncover the pot to add some chopped potatoes. Cook till you can pierce them easily with a fork or for 8 minutes. Make sure that the potatoes aren’t mushy. It needs to hold its shape.
- Add the corn kernels and tofu cubes to the vegetable broth. In case you see that most of the broth has evaporated then add one more cup of broth. Then bring it to simmer again and allow it to cook for some more minutes.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning. Add salt as per your taste and turn off the heat. With the heat off, add cream and stir the soup to get a creamy mix. After you add the cream, do no bring it back to boil as it might cause it to separate.
- Serve the cooked chowder with 2 of the corn pieces in the plate. Garnish the chowder with freshly chopped cilantro. Serve hot and enjoy the tasty soup.
NOTES – If you do not have fresh corns, you can use canned corns.