- 1 How do you make a mai tai from scratch?
- 2 What can I use in place of orgeat syrup?
- 3 What is the best rum for mai tai?
- 4 Where can I find orgeat syrup?
- 5 What is all in a Mai Tai?
- 6 What’s the difference between orgeat syrup and simple syrup?
- 7 What is the best Orgeat to buy?
- 8 How is Orgeat pronounced?
- 9 How do you pronounce Curacao?
How do you make a mai tai from scratch?
How Do You Make a Mai Tai From Scratch?
- Combine pineapple juice, light rum, orange curaçao, lime juice, and orgeat in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake with ice. Add ice to the cocktail shaker, then cover and shake well, until chilled.
- Top with dark rum.
- Garnish with fresh mint and a lime wheel, if desired.
What can I use in place of orgeat syrup?
You can use a simple syrup like grenadine, or orange syrup to replace orgeat in recipes. You can also make almond or orange syrup at home to use as an orgeat substitute. You can make the almond syrup by boiling sugar with an equal quantity of water.
What is the best rum for mai tai?
This recipe later changed to a blend of aged dark Jamaican rum and aged Martinique rhum. It’s safe to say that the key to a good Mai Tai is the use of aged Jamaican rum, and below are some of our top recommendations.
Where can I find orgeat syrup?
It’s worth looking for orgeat syrup in your neighborhood liquor store, and calling around to see if you can find it farther afield. I’ve also found it on amazon.com! (That’s a link to an imported brand, Teisseire, which is very, very good.) You might also find orgeat syrup in your supermarket, believe it or not.
What is all in a Mai Tai?
1 1/2 oz White rum
1/2 oz Fresh lime juice
1/2 oz Orange curaçao
1/2 oz Orgeat syrup
3/4 oz Dark rum
What’s the difference between orgeat syrup and simple syrup?
What is the best Orgeat to buy?
It’s worth noting this orgeat is on the sweeter side. It’s more like a rich simple syrup with a 2:1 ratio of sugar to liquid. It gives the syrup more body and means you don’t have add as much to a drink. In addition to cocktails, it’s a nice syrup to add to coffee or even to hot chocolate.
How is Orgeat pronounced?
Orgeat syrup is a sweet syrup made from almonds, sugar, and rose water or orange flower water. It was originally made with a barley-almond blend. It has a pronounced almond taste and is used to flavor many cocktails.
|A bottle of Italian orgeat syrup|