- 1 Why is chicken pot pie bad for you?
- 2 What is the difference between chicken pie and chicken pot pie?
- 3 Do you freeze pot pie before or after cooking?
- 4 How long do I cook a frozen meat pie?
- 5 What is the best store bought chicken pot pie?
- 6 Are frozen pot pies bad for you?
- 7 Does KFC sell frozen pot pies?
- 8 Are KFC pot pies good?
- 9 Why do they call it chicken pot pie?
Why is chicken pot pie bad for you?
Chicken pot pies are hearty, creamy, and rich, with filling foods. Regrettably, they are also loaded with calories and sodium. FitDay writes that a Banquet frozen chicken pot pie contains 370 calories and 850 milligrams of sodium, which is almost half an average adult’s sodium intake for the day.
What is the difference between chicken pie and chicken pot pie?
In the South, some folks make a distinction between chicken pie and chicken pot pie. Chicken pies, also known as “chicken and pastry,” are the savory versions of fruit pies or cobblers, made with homemade crust and no, or very few, vegetables. Chicken pot pies typically include vegetables and have a top crust only.
Do you freeze pot pie before or after cooking?
For unbaked pot pie, allow at least 50 minutes to fully cook it. If the edges brown too much, cover with strips of foil. To freeze an already baked chicken pot pie, cool it completely after baking. This might take a good 30 minutes or more; after that you can refrigerate it to chill it more.
How long do I cook a frozen meat pie?
From Frozen: (do not thaw) Preheat your oven to 325. Place frozen pies on a baking sheet and bake 40 – 50 minutes or until golden brown. For best results, brush with egg wash before cooking.
What is the best store bought chicken pot pie?
Taste Test: The Best Potpies
- OVERALL FAVORITE. Stouffer’s White Meat Chicken Pot Pie.
- BEST BEEF. Swanson Beef Pot Pie.
- BEST SEAFOOD. Flanders Fish Market & Restaurant Lobster Pot Pie.
- BEST VEGETARIAN. The Cleaver Co.
- BEST BITE FOR YOUR BUCK. Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie.
- BEST FOR FEEDING THE WHOLE FAMILY. Twin Hens Chicken Pot Pie.
Are frozen pot pies bad for you?
Frozen chicken pot pies generally have high sodium, high fat, and some cholesterol- they aren’t that bad for you. Assuming you have a fairly balanced diet, for most people, the frozen chicken pot pies are just fine!
Does KFC sell frozen pot pies?
Of course, no one would eat one every day, but it’s there for you when you need it. The pie is made from scratch daily, the chicken is never frozen, and the ingredients are fresh.
Are KFC pot pies good?
The chicken was tender, the veggies seemingly fresh, and the potatoes were somewhat barren, although still flavorful. KFC’s Chunky Chicken Pot Pie is truly a classic indeed, sporting a 4/5 ranking, inducting itself into the FFG Hall of Fame.
Why do they call it chicken pot pie?
A basic pot pie consists of a pie crust, poultry or meat, vegetables and gravy. It is a good way to use up leftovers for an easy meal. The name came from the pie being made aboard ships. In 1951, the first frozen pot pie was created by the C.A. Swanson company and was made with chicken.